Cookies element of our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Agreement with this policy
What is a cookie?
How long do cookies remain active for?
There are two main types of cookie and each has a different lifespan. The first type is the session cookie; these are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. The next time you visit the same website a new cookie (or cookies) will be created. The second type is the persistent cookie; these remain saved on your computer either until they are deleted (usually by running a cleanup utility or by manually selecting cleanup in the web browser) or until they reach their expiry date if one is set. Please see below to learn what applies to our website.
What cookies does our website use?
We use the following cookies on our website:
- A number of Google analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports which help us to improve our website.
- A temporary session ID cookie is used to make the most efficient use of resources when you are browsing from page to page. The cookie is removed when you leave our website.
- A visitor cookie is used to monitor how long a visitor is on our site before they take an action (for example fill in one of our forms to contact us) and also to provide statistics on whether this is a visitor’s first visit to our site.
These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, we are NOT able to identify individual users from these cookies.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Firefox - Adjust your cookies settings by selecting Tools / Options / Privacy
- Google Chrome - Adjust your cookies settings by clicking Customize and control Google Chrome (displays as an icon of three horizontal bars) / Settings / Content Settings
- Internet Explorer - Refuse all cookies by selecting Tools / Internet Options / Privacy and then using the sliding bar to set Block All Cookies